Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Passing of a Legend

Unfortunately, the slightly more light-hearted entry I had planned for today must be temporarily shelved.

Today, we mourn the loss of a talented actor, legendary martial artist, and a man I looked up to greatly, David Carradine. Carradine was found, apparently having committed suicide, strung up in a Bangkok hotel room closet.

Carradine was in Thailand shooting a movie, Stretch. Cast and crew members became worried when he failed to attend a dinner the previous night.

It is important not to focus right now on his reported cause of death, but rather, his legacy. Carradine, most well-known for his roles in the TV series Kung Fu and in the Kill Bill movies as the title character, was also an accomplished martial artist. Carradine's Tai Chi videos were my inspiration to take up the art, myself.

I am donating money to his family's fund later today. I suggest other readers respond in kind.

http://david-carradine.com/

No comments: